środa, 26 stycznia 2011

Tuli – faithfull traveller by Anni

I just want to share with you my experience when travelling with Tuli. We live in Finland and travel quite a lot with out son, born in 10/09. This Christmas we diced to visit Berlin in Germany. We decided to manage with Tuli only and not to carry any buggy at all. Our son is frequent traveller and we knew that carrying a buggy with would be much more trouble than fun. 

We basically used Tuli all the time. From the car to the airport, check-in and boarding. From the airport to the bus and to the hotel. We had a lot of luggage so it really helped that our baby was “hanging on” rather than being carried with hands or pushed around. 

We had a lot of walking around Berlin. We went to see the zoo and TV-tower. Berlin is a big city so we travelled a lot with public transport. How I was thanking our Tuli carrier everytime I saw someone having trouble with buggys… That time Berlin was even full with snow so those bold parents who dared to take their children out, had really trouble with pushchairs with such extreme weather conditions. 

My best experience with Tuli that trip was in museum. Our son needed a nap and was very restles. We had hard time keeping him happy with cookies and letting him walk sometimes. Museum was interesting so we did not want to leave too early so I decided to try breastfeeding in Tuli. I was surprised that it really worked! I loosened the straps quite a lot and it did not need much for him to be able to understand what was going on. I did not have any scarf or hood to make it very discreet but there were not so many other visitors so I decided not to bother. After a while he slept and we could continue our tour. We even managed to put all clothes on and continue to restaurant and he just kept sleeping. Close to mother was seemingly a good place to sleep. I usually don’t carry him in front since he starts to be heavy but I did not want to loose this crucial nap so we continued and it was not that bad. (That time I did not breastfeed and could tighten the straps into normal position. Carrying with loose straps would eventually kill my back!)

Anyway, since our son is used to travel, he always had a nap in carrier where ever we walked. If he was tired, he just took a powernap, sometimes longer and sometimes shorter. But important thing was that he was never unhappy or complained about anything during our trip. He was important partner with our trip and he enjoyed to see much. He enjoyed as much as we did. Without Tuli carrier the trip could have been a catastrophic family trip or even worse: we would have not travelled at all!

Brak komentarzy:

Prześlij komentarz